Saturday 1 March 2014

I'm in love!






I LOVE these jeans, and don’t understand why it took me sooooooo long to sew them up.  I bought the fabric about three years ago. 

There was never any doubt as to what I was going to use it for.  This fabric said “Jeans” to me in the shop, and I immediately agreed.   

I was going to sew them up before I went to Aussie at the end of 2012, but my first attempt at jeans was less than perfect, and I didn’t want to muck up this fabric, so it languished in my stash. 


When I chose a sewlution for 2013 I had this fabric in mind.  I had to get jeans nailed so I could do justice to the fabric.  

When I set myself 52 projects for 2013, this was Project number 50 


When I finally got Gimp sussed and started visualising fabrics and patterns, this fabric was visualised as jeans, and I was reminded how great they looked.

When I finally got jeans sussed three months ago I still didn’t sew these jeans up.



When February Smarty Pants came up on the Monthly Stitch I used a cheap, dyed fabric to make ordinary jeans, and still didn’t sew this fabric up.

Finally, browsing the pants on here I came across Juliet’s amazing patterned jeans, and was again reminded of my fantasy jeans in this flowered print.  I said as much in the comments, and Juliet identified fabric choice as the biggest stumbling block.  So what was my excuse?  I have the perfect fabric! I’ve had the perfect fabric for years.  (Looking back at my Gimp post, I notice that Juliet actually commented on the jeans-fabric combination, so maybe she knew I was procrastinating?)  

Yesterday I got up determined to finally make this fantasy a reality. 
I am soooo glad I did.  I love them, I want to marry them and have their children!  They feel so FUN, and the perfect jeans for when ordinary jeans seem so… well… ordinary.



I am so happy that I finally took the plunge and made them up.

This morning I realised that they needed something a little special to go with for their first outing so I pulled some left over silk out of the stash and made up another sorbetto.  I had to be a little creative and add a centre back seam as I had a very limited amount of the fabric, but it’s silk, and I really enjoy wearing silk next to my skin.

2 comments:

  1. These came out great! Nice fit and great way to use your fabric.

    ReplyDelete