Thursday 20 June 2013

Project 8 - Vogue 1352


This is a full length maxi dress that I bought when Vogue was gaving an on line sale.   The postage  to New Zealand for vogue patterns means that their sales are only worth it if we buy several patterns.  I thought that this looked like an interesting pattern, and immediately thought of project 8 on my 52 projects for 2013 – a grey and lavender strach fabric.  It’s quite sheer so I lined the skirt and the front bodice pieces with a similar fabric in grey. 

I made it up in a size 14, which is usually a bit snug round the bust, but since I was using a stretch I figured I’d get away with it.  In fact it was still rather generous round the bust and the wrap effect was sort of lost.

Apart from that it did look like the picture.  It was an easy pattern to make up.  I did the whole dress on the overlocker as soon as I'd had my lesson on how to use it properly.

Unfortunatley the only interesting thing about the design was the wrap effect at the front, so I felt it was a little sort of blah blah as a dress. Also, it’s not dreadfully flattering to a larger bust. The skirt pieces don’t really have enough flare, so the skirt kid of just hangs.



 
I’m not widley enthused by the dress.  I don't feel it does a great deal for me.  I do like to wear maxi dresses, especially in the summer so I will wear it, but probably won't use the pattern again.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment