Having got side tracked by a new T shirt for my sewing chair, I figured I'd better get back to the elephant project. I realised that I'd got bites two and three in the wrong order. it makes much more sense to sew the darts and pleats BEFORE I overlock all the pieces. Since I haven't bitten anything off this project for three days I figured I might as well jump in and do both.
One of my all too frequent mistakes is forgetting that two sides need to be mirror images, not identical. I was determined not to make that mistake and copied all the markings onto both pieces as mirror images. Of course I forgot that men's pants usually only have the bound pocket on the right hand side, and I marked the pocket placement on both sides. It is only tailor's chalk, so I'm hoping that the marks on the left hand piece will rub off.
I overlocked the pocket piping pieces in half, since that's how I'll fit them.
I'm still a day behind, so I might try and get the bound pocket done later today. I found a set of really easy instructions for making a bound pocket, so rather than try to follow the pattern instructions I'm going to work through these instructions. She's put a button on a flap on hers, but I don't want that so I'll just leave out that bit.
Now I have a pile of prepared pieces for these pants, ready to be assembled.