Thursday 5 April 2012

Introduction

A native Brit, I've lived in New Zealand for 17 years now, raising my two little ones.  Coming from a country with HEAPs of people to one that's almost empty I struggled to find clothes to suit me that I wouldn't see three copies of every day.  NZ is a small country without the population base to support a vast fashion industry.  I'm not 22 anymore, and I have a very limited budget, which rules me out of the two main types of fashion available.  I desperation, I taught myself to sew... and then sewed... and sewed, and sewed some more (I also knit occassionally).
Lately I've moved house and had to evaluate my ridiculously extensive, but boring wardrobe (did I really need 32 jackets?) and decided to make every stitch count.  I will no longer sew stuff just because I feel like it/because I can/because it was raining and I couldn't think of anything else to do.  Everything I sew I will think about first - my 2012 goal is to sew less, but sew well and sew stuff that I couldn't buy.  I may be able to sew a basic T shirt, but I already have 20 odd of them in the wardrobe.  I will be sewing with a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment