Wednesday 25 December 2013

Cashless Christmas



T’was the night before Christmas and all through the house
Not a creature was sewing, not even a mouse
With crafting completed and wrapping all done
I didn’t know that making presents would be so much fun
Previous years I’ve done Christmas with panic and stress
This year the challenge was Christmas for less!
I may be constrained by a shortage of cash,
But I have time on my hands and a huge fabric stash!
Thinking of loved ones and what I can sew
Like perfecting a shirt for the men that I know



Gifts for the kitchen? Protection from heat.

Presents for girls who like to look cute and sweet.

Casual wear for the buddy, who hates getting a chill,


Making that present is more of a thrill
Than flashing the wallet at anything that’ll do
I’ve spent time designing a gift just for you.

So with arms full of gifts made with love and with care,
House all cleaned and a home cooked lunch to prepare
Good friends and good food are the order today
Without the worry of bills I can’t afford to pay.
Merry Christmas everyone 
(With appologies to the unknown author of "The night before Christmas")

No comments:

Post a Comment